Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 8

Yesterday was crazy, had eye Dr. appointment, then came and sat around for radiation appointment at 3:30.  As they took me in they said I was to see the Dr afterwords.  That scared me a little bit, but found out they will see me once a week.  I told them I was having a burning feeling around where I am tattooed at because that is where they are targeting the radiation, they said that was normal because it was next to the esophogus and causing irritation,   If I am figuring right I should only have 24 radiation treatments left and 6 chemo.  I am starting to get a little more relaxed about the radiation.  I know as soon as I hear 3 or 4 clicks of what sounds like a camera taking a picture I am done.  About 15 - 20 minutes total.  I had a rough night last night with some coughing that began shortly after we left the radiation.  It has been 7 weeks since the surgery and I am just now starting to get feeling back on my right chest side.  I think some of the coughing is from that.  I did not suffer with the stomach cramps today as I did last week but I think that is because I am trying to eat right, drinking lots of fluids, and eating smaller but more often portions throughout the day.  That does include a chocolate cupcake from public once in a while. 

Thank you to all my friends who have sent me wonderful cards and encouraging words.  I love you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment